Employment as a prefect provides many opportunities for academic and professional development. Prefects find that enhancing student learning is its own reward. Some find that leading provides them with valuable teaching experience. Being a prefect in the school is of great importance, they are students who are a positive role model to all members of the school community. They help to build up a team spirit within the student body, encouraging them also to contribute to the life of the school and to become involved.
The duties of a Precfect:
- Provide a role model to which other school pupils aspire.
- Represent the school at important events throughout the year; e.g. Open Evening, Induction day, Presentation Evening, whole school events.
- Attend regular meetings with the Senior Leaders.
- Attend consortium council meeting – feeding back the views of the student body.
- Lead promotional activities for the school including charity events.
- Take part in the induction of students.